The mixing of any musical composition is a very delicate process and is as important as the production itself.
Particularly in dance music each element of a track has its place in the audio spectrum and must cohesively work together to be pleasing to the ear.
Allow us to ensure that all elements of your track receive adequate processing, ensuring the best final mixdown. By delivering your project in unprocessed stems, we have full control of each element of your production. These adjustments in the mixing process will provide the best possible starting point for the mastering process.
Mixdown, what does this mean?
By choosing this option we will take care of the mixing process completely. We will apply our own EQ’s, dynamic plugins, reverbs and delays (unless you prefer something different of course). By delivering all audio tracks separately, we have full control over the mixdown process. Please tell us about any specifics in that we should put focus on. Some examples: ‘I want the vocal to really stand out, I feel the lead is too harsh and can’t get it fixed, the bass is really muddy, …’
We are here to help you out, so any input you provide is welcome. Please drop all the info we need in the comment box.
Terms Of Delivery
• Unlimited amount of WAV or AIFF audiotracks, in 24 bit or higher
• No reverb/delay (unless you use them as creative effects)
• No dynamic plugins on the master bus (compressors, limiters, maximizers)
• -6db peak level (the loudest point of your total mixdown should not exceed this level)
• Short filenames to prevent confusion (for example ‘Clap.wav, Snare.wav, Vocals.wav’)
• Double check your audiotracks before sending them! We are not responsible for clicks, pops, or any other errors that might be present in the stems.
• When audiotracks were grouped in your production, please make sure they sound the same when you deliver them to us. Sometimes it’s better to leave things grouped if they form a cohesive sound.
• If a radio edit is provided, we prefer to have these on the same audiotrack. If this is not possible, then they should have the exact same filenames as the extended version. (for example Bass.wav and Bass (radio edit).wav).
16bit/44.1Khz master of your production, including a radio edit (delivered by client).
Upon request we can also deliver masters for iTunes (at no extra charge).
Mastered files will be delivered via Dropbox.Getting Started